- The industrial market remains in short supply of quality space, with strong demand in particular for larger spaces.
- Most new speculative and build-to-suit space in the market is being constructed in the newer industrial parks including Charleston Regional Business Center, Brown Property and Mt. Holly Industrial Park. Speculative construction is been geared toward 50,000 to 200,000 square foot users.
- Many existing tenants are relocating from older properties to newer, more accessible parks. Several tenants are becoming owners via build-to-suit leases with purchase options.
- Industrial activity has been moving away from the Ashley Phosphate area in favor of newer industrial parks, which have improved access and infrastructure.
- The SC Ports Authority continues its push to expand the Charleston port facilities in order to continue to meet the demands of both current and prospective new shipping lines.
Download the full report
For more information, including the market summary statistics, download the full research report.Download report