Principal | Houston
License # 355281
Jim Pratt has more than 35 years’ experience in commercial real estate. Prior to joining Colliers in 2009, he was a Principal with NAI Houston. In addition to representing tenants and buyers of real estate, Jim has represented many institutional and private owners in the leasing of office and industrial properties and has developed an in-depth understanding of the dynamics involved and what makes a deal work for both tenants and landlords. He is known for his significant creativity in the structuring of unique solutions for complex assignments, resulting in “win-win” transactions. His analytical skills and his ability to communicate the pertinent facts throughout the negotiation process have produced significant results.
Jim has represented tenants and owners ranging from local entrepreneurs to large corporations in transactions in Houston and throughout North America, completing over 100 assignments outside of Texas. He has handled all types of industrial and land requirements in addition to offices leases, and the acquisition and disposition of all types of real estate. In the most recent economic downturn, Jim helped structure sale/leasebacks providing significant liquidity for one of his clients.
Prior to entering commercial real estate in 1985, Jim served as a project manager on several multi-million dollar commercial construction projects for W.S. Bellows Construction Corporation. His educational background in architecture has also proven invaluable in assisting landlords and tenants in the evaluation process involved in site selection.
- Top Ten Producer Designation (2012, 2016)
- Colliers Titan Award (2012 – 2019)
- Colliers' Everest Club (2013, 2016)
- Houston Business Journal Industrial Real Estate Heavy Hitter 2017
- Bachelor's in Environmental Design, BS in Building Construction, Texas A&M University
- MBA, University of Houston
- Licensed Real Estate Agent, Texas
Memberships & Involvements
- Trustee for Fort Bend Christian Academy
- Member on the Board of the Second Mile Mission Center
- Class Agent with the Association of Former Students at Texas A&M University.
- AFGlobal, Inc. - Sale/Leaseback Transactions and excess land sales
- TPC Group – 100-Acre Land Disposition
- Dalfen USA - 1601 Gillingham; 330,000-SF Industrial Leasing Assignment with 100 Occupancy Achieved and Subsequent Sale of the Property
- Hari Agrawal – 120,000-SF Multi-Tenant Office Building Acquisition
- Westbrook Manufacturing – Edmonton Canada Lease and Renewal
- PBP Inc. – 50-Acre Land Sale and 520,000-SF Build-to-Suit
- Wood MacKenzie – Houston & Boston Office Leases and Multiple Expansions
- CL & F Resources, LP – Corporate Office Relocation
- Powell Industries, Inc. – 20-Acre Land Acquisition
- PetroQuest Energy, LLC – Multiple Leases, Corporate Office Relocation
- SI Group - 96 acres of excess land sold
Client Services Coordinator | Fort Bend
Houston - Sugar Land
Marie Patterson joined Colliers International in 2003 after five years with Insignia/ESG assisting the Executive Director as Marketing and Research Coordinator. Her diverse background also includes proposal preparation, advertising, HR and office management, and administrative support in the retail construction and civil engineering fields.
Marie serves as liaison between principals, clients and prospects, and assists in prospecting, business development and market research. She consistently produces high-quality marketing materials, including offering memoranda, flyers, proposals and presentations. Additionally, she is knowledgeable in the use of real estate software programs and websites, and is instrumental in the maintenance and web advertising of property listings.
She currently supports the Managing Director and brokerage team of the Colliers Fort Bend office in Sugar Land.
Director of Market Research | Houston
Lisa joined Colliers in 2010 as Director of Market Research bringing 26 years of commercial real estate experience to the firm. Lisa initiates proactive market research projects to further the business goals of the company. She writes and prepares 29 market reports annually which include quarterly reports on Houston’s retail, office, industrial and healthcare properties. Further, she prepares statistical ownership reports for various clients as well as an annual Houston Economic Overview. Lisa also creates PowerPoint market presentations, trade journal articles, and other marketing materials in support of the company's business endeavors. She works with senior management in planning the company's marketing strategy and public relations support for local and national conferences, luncheon meetings, recruitment programs, and special events. Lisa works closely with the company's brokers to develop effective custom market research material specific to both existing and potential clients.
Lisa serves on the Colliers International Editorial Board, the Colliers International U.S. Research Council, is a Colliers Center of Excellence team member and is a recipient of the Colliers International Researcher of the Year Award.
Director, Financial Analytics | Houston
Bringing 30 years of experience in commercial real estate, Marilynne joined Colliers in 2018 to provide financial analysis to the company’s leasing and investment sales teams for all types of assets. Prior to joining Colliers, she specialized in advising companies regarding their commercial real estate requirements or investments, including the following types of financial analysis:
· lease renewal and relocation comparisons
· mid-term lease renegotiations (“blend and extend”)
· lease buyouts
· sublease disposition/recovery
· build-to-suit to own or to lease
· lease vs. buy
· own vs. sale/leaseback
· landlord net effective rate and IRR
· investor discounted cash flow analysis
· direct capitalization
Marilynne also has a background in commercial mortgage underwriting/loan originations and commercial real estate appraisal.