Co-Chairman & Principal | Houston
License # 282557
Mr. Charles Herder is a principal shareholder and Co-Chairman of Colliers International in Houston, sitting on the Board of Directors and serving on the Governance Committee. He also serves on the Colliers International Board of Advisors, providing governance and leadership to Colliers nationwide.
Throughout his career, Mr. Herder has assisted a broad range of clients with their real estate needs. He combines an engineering background and strong skills in financial analysis with over 35 years of experience to help his clients achieve their real estate goals. He has completed major assignments in the fields of office leasing, industrial sales/leases and investment sales. As his practice has matured, he has taken select consulting assignments and advisory roles in helping his clients plan for the future. Most recently, Mr. Herder has been involved in major investment sales involving complex structures and subtle negotiations, adding substantial value for his clients. He enjoys the real estate profession and remains active. One of his greatest joys is to see the firm he joined when there were only four members, now eclipsing 175...the families supported by this firm, the children growing up, the new associates joining...all gives a sense of sincere satisfaction to his life.
- Tom Richardson Award Recipient, a peer directed honor based on strength of character
- Colliers' Top 10 Producer (2000 - 2007, 2013)
- Colliers' Titan Award (2003 - 2007, 2013 - 2014)
- CRE Land Heavy Hitter Houston Business Journal (2014)
- NAIOP Industrial Broker of the Year (1995)
- Real Estate Broker's License, Texas
- MBA in Finance, The University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Texas A&M University
Memberships & Involvements
- George Foundation Board (Former Chairman)
- Memorial Hermann Foundation Board of Trustees (Former Chairman)
- Kinkaid Investments Foundation Board of Directors Member
- Texas Children's Hospital West Campus Advisory Council
- Faith in Practice (Past Board of Trustees)
- Houston Wilderness Board of Advisors Member
- Shepherd School of Music Governing Council
- National Chairman of MIT Parents Fund (2008), Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Texas A＆M Development Foundation (Past Advisor)
- United Methodist Foundation
- Houston Marketing Network division of the Greater Houston Partnership (Past President)
- Community Foundation Council of the Greater Houston Community Foundation
- River Oaks Country Club Member
- Roaring Fork Club, Colorado
- Colliers Energy Group Member
Senior Client Services Specialist | Houston
Ivonne Gonzalez joined Colliers International in 2007 as a member of the Office Services Group. She brings more than nine years of commercial real estate experience to our team. Prior to moving to the Houston office, Ivonne was working for an independent owner/developer supporting the construction department as a Construction Coordinator, which entailed abstracting leases, monitoring critical dates through the due diligence process, review, tract and notify tenants of plan approvals, overseeing tenant build-outs, administer tenant improvement allowance along with a host of other activities.
Working in the Office Services Group Ivonne provides a high level of marketing support from coordination of marketing programs to the individual needs of each project to achieve maximum productivity, communication and client satisfaction. Ivonne provides brokerage support services including promotional and marketing materials, working with financial analysis software, contact and database management along with a host of other activities related to the various landlord representation assignments as well as acquisition and disposition of investment grade properties.
Through her previous positions, Ivonne has experienced a variety of aspects of the commercial real estate business including site selection and disposition, leasing, user sales and investment grade sale transactions as well as property management and construction management, to name a few. Her strong technical skills, background with computer applications and her great attitude offer a combination of skills necessary to manage the project and provide an innovative marketing and promotional materials specific to each client and their respective projects.
Director of Market Research | Houston
Lisa joined Colliers in 2010 as Director of Market Research bringing 26 years of commercial real estate experience to the firm. Lisa initiates proactive market research projects to further the business goals of the company. She writes and prepares 29 market reports annually which include quarterly reports on Houston’s retail, office, industrial and healthcare properties. Further, she prepares statistical ownership reports for various clients as well as an annual Houston Economic Overview. Lisa also creates PowerPoint market presentations, trade journal articles, and other marketing materials in support of the company's business endeavors. She works with senior management in planning the company's marketing strategy and public relations support for local and national conferences, luncheon meetings, recruitment programs, and special events. Lisa works closely with the company's brokers to develop effective custom market research material specific to both existing and potential clients.
Lisa serves on the Colliers International Editorial Board, the Colliers International U.S. Research Council, is a Colliers Center of Excellence team member and is a recipient of the Colliers International Researcher of the Year Award.
Lisa earned the Commercial Property Research Certification (CPRC) from Colliers University. CPRC is the first and only accreditation for commercial real estate research professionals. It offers a professional development path to increase strategic and tactical expertise in marketing/research, knowledge of the industry and capabilities with commercial real estate tools.
Director, Financial Analytics | Houston
Bringing 31 years of experience in commercial real estate, Marilynne joined Colliers in 2018 to provide financial analysis to the company’s leasing and investment sales teams for all types of assets. Prior to joining Colliers, she specialized in advising companies regarding their commercial real estate requirements or investments, including the following types of financial analysis:
- lease renewal and relocation comparisons
- mid-term lease renegotiations (“blend and extend”)
- lease buyouts
- sublease disposition/recovery
- comparison of build-to-suit/design-build to lease
- lease vs. buy
- own vs. sale/leaseback
- landlord net effective rate and IRR
- investor discounted cash flow analysis
- direct capitalization
Marilynne also has a background in commercial mortgage underwriting/loan originations and commercial real estate appraisal